More than 300 top business, labor, local and federal government and community leaders are expected to attend the annual Maritime Industry Economic Forecast Breakfast, which will be held on Thursday, November 19, at Pacific Marine Expo.
Join the North Seattle Industrial Association, Seattle Propeller Club, Port of Seattle, Seattle Marine Business Coalition, Marine Exchange of Puget Sound, and King County Maritime businesses for the 2015 Maritime Industry Economic Forecast Breakfast at Pacific Marine Expo. Corporate breakfast partners: Compass Courses Maritime Training, Crowley Maritime, Economic Development Council of Seattle and King County, Foss Maritime, Kane Environmental, Maxum Petroleum, Pacific Fishermen Shipyard & Electric, Washington Maritime Federation and Wells Fargo.
The purpose of the breakfast is to bring leaders together to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the area’s workboat and fishing industries and to showcase our region’s important maritime industry.
For further information, click here.
King County, Washington, is the region’s center for workboats, the fishing industry and shipyards. It’s home to thousands of maritime businesses, which employ more than 250,000 people.
To support the growth of current maritime businesses and to attract new maritime businesses, local business associations, businesses, labor and government agencies have partnered together.
Our King County Maritime Matters. We have a great story to tell about a thriving and growing economic sector. About environmental stewardship efforts and community involvement. And about being a partner in solving regional issues such as freight mobility, transportation, land use, economic competitiveness and workforce development.
We are a Five Star Working Waterfront
1. Significant Economic Impact - The region’s maritime industry cluster makes a significant contribution to our regional and global economies.
2. Quality Jobs - The industry offers well-paying family wage jobs and diverse career opportunities.
3. Excellent Products and Services - The maritime cluster delivers excellent products and services with the highest level of customer service.
4. Commitment to Sustainability - The industry is committed to environmental sustainability and the long term health and vitality of the community.
5. Growing the Working Waterfront - Our region is passionate about the maritime industry, growing the working waterfront economic sector and building strong working partnerships between businesses, labor, the community and government.
King County Maritime is not another association, it’s a movement to give the industry a voice. We invite your participation and support!
Check out the more than 130 King County Maritime businesses and organizations who exhibited at the 2014 Pacific Marine Expo here. Overall, nearly 33% of all exhibitors at the Expo have a King County address.